Laser Hair Removal Source (Female and Male)
Laser treatment targets the dark color of the melanin pigment in the hair follicle.
Thus, the root of the hair is compromised with the little effect on the skin and surrounding tissue.
Since melanin is only produced during the growth phase, the laser light must target the hair follicle
during the appropriate portion of cycle. Even in one given body part, not all follicles are in the growth
phase of the cycle at the same time. Thus, these treatments need to be repeated at strategically spaced
intervals over the course of the hair cycles. This assures us of subsequent hair growth prevention and that
hair follicles are disabled. Most individuals will require a series of treatments over time, which will
result on the removal of unwanted hair. Most of the lasers and light sources are FDA cleared for permanent hair reduction,
which means reduction over time. Some individuals will see very long term hair removal, which may last for
many years. Others may require maintenance treatments over time to maintain their degree of hair loss.
It is truly impossible to determine in advance who will require how many treatments and how long the hair will
remain gone. Various types of lasers are utilized with laser hair removal- the most common of which are
alexandrite, diode, YAG and intense pulse light sources.
Laser Hair Removal in New York City most popular and effective treatment for
both man and women; just about any area of the face or body that is covered by
hair can be treated with laser treatment. While the most commonly treated areas
include the full face, chin, upper lip, neck, arms, underarms, back, shoulders,
chest, abdomen, public area, buttocks and legs, just about any other area of the
face and body can be treated. In New York City you probably can find Laser Hair
Removal clinic, center or spa on each corner. How do you choose the right one?
We suggest you pay attention to the price, but to a much lesser degree than the
quality of equipment, experience in performing this treatment and how professional
the place is. Also, after you selected the place, look for the specials on packages.
Some of the more reputable clinics offer a complimentary consultation that can
help you to determine exactly the areas you need to have treated.
There's no better time to be hair free.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Laser Hair Removal
Research has proven it is a safe and effective method of hair removal as well as laser tattoo removal.
What have been determined are certain advantages laser hair removal has over other methods:
- It is considered safe and when performed properly by an experienced provider.
- Light-skinned, dark-haired consumers experience the best results.
- Re-growth is often lighter and finer texture.
- Because the laser method is quicker than electrolysis, it is especially useful for large areas of hair removal in one sitting.
- The procedure requires eye protection.
- The procedure can be expensive.
- It is not effective on darker skin tones, or on persons with gray, red, or blonde hair.
- Improper treatment or overexposure to laser light can cause burns, lesions, and long-lasting skin discoloration.
- Re-growth can be patchy or patterned.
- Because regulations vary, inadequate control methods to ensure competent practitioners exist.
- Some persons find the treatment painful.
- Some persons, even those determined to be a good candidate, do not respond well to treatment.